Protecting your privacy
MHE is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service and considers the guarding of your privacy as of the utmost importance. This MHE Privacy Statement states our commitment to maintaining your privacy. MHE is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. Set out below is information that MHE is required to communicate to its customers. MHE recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Reasons for collecting information
MHE only collects such information as is necessary to conduct business with you. You will always know what information is being collected and will have the option to choose how MHE utilises your information to communicate with you. We will only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an intrusive way.
Your personal information
Personal information held by MHE may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address and your MHE username or password. Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to MHE (eg about your authorised representatives). If so, MHE
relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to MHE and to advise them that MHE can be contacted for further information (see 'Contacting MHE' below).
How we collect personal information
MHE collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you to subscribe to MHE's services;
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage those services, including invoicing, support and collecting debts;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Enable order fulfilment and/or product registration;
- Keep you informed about MHE products and services;
- Fulfil legal and regulatory obligations.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, MHE may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of MHE. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to MHE providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out MHE's:
- Billing and debt-recovery functions;
- Installation, maintenance and repair services;
- Marketing and telemarketing services;
- Market research; and
- Website usage analysis.
MHE takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, MHE may disclose your personal information to:
- Your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. When requested by you to do so);
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- MHE's related companies;
- MHE's professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, MHE may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- Organisations who manage MHE's business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing MHE's corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation); and
- Law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisers where permitted or required by law.
MHE informs its employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through its operating procedures, training programs and internal policies. MHE will take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce the privacy responsibilities of its employees. MHE requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with MHE's legal responsibilities in relation to privacy. MHE will take all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing personal information are stored in facilities that are only accessible by people within MHE who have a genuine "need to know" as well as a "right to know". MHE will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
Correction of problems
If you have any questions or you believe that MHE has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please contact your Account Manager. MHE will then use all reasonable efforts to promptly determine if there is a problem and take the necessary corrective action.
Our websites may contain links to other sites belonging to other parties and which are beyond the control of MHE. Please note that we cannot vouch or be responsible for the privacy practices of non-MHE sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.