Protecting your privacy
triSearch is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service and considers the guarding of your privacy as of the utmost importance. This triSearch Privacy Statement states our commitment to maintaining your privacy. triSearch is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. Set out below is information that triSearch is required to communicate to its customers. triSearch recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Reasons for collecting information
triSearch only collects such information as is necessary to conduct business with you. You will always know what information is being collected and will have the option to choose how triSearch utilises your information to communicate with you. We will only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an intrusive way.
Your personal information
Personal information held by triSearch may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address and your triSearch username or password. Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to triSearch (eg about your authorised representatives). If so, triSearch
relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Trisearch and to advise them that triSearch can be contacted for further information (see 'Contacting triSearch' below).
How we collect personal information
triSearch collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you to subscribe to triSearch's services;
- Provide the services you require;
- Administer and manage those services, including invoicing, support and collecting debts;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Enable order fulfilment and/or product registration;
- Keep you informed about triSearch products and services;
- Fulfil legal and regulatory obligations.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, triSearch may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of triSearch. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to triSearch providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out triSearch's:
- Billing and debt-recovery functions;
- Installation, maintenance and repair services;
- Marketing and telemarketing services;
- Market research; and
- Website usage analysis.
triSearch takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, triSearch may disclose your personal information to:
- Your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. When requested by you to do so);
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- triSearch's related companies;
- triSearch's professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, triSearch may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- Organisations who manage triSearch's business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing triSearch's corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation); and
- Law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisers where permitted or required by law.
triSearch informs its employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through its operating procedures, training programs and internal policies. triSearch will take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce the privacy responsibilities of its employees. triSearch requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with triSearch's legal responsibilities in relation to privacy. triSearch will take all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing personal information are stored in facilities that are only accessible by people within triSearch who have a genuine "need to know" as well as a "right to know". triSearch will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
Correction of problems
If you have any questions or you believe that triSearch has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please contact your Account Manager. triSearch will then use all reasonable efforts to promptly determine if there is a problem and take the necessary corrective action.
Our websites may contain links to other sites belonging to other parties and which are beyond the control of triSearch. Please note that we cannot vouch or be responsible for the privacy practices of non-triSearch sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.